Dealer Experienced-Part-Time - 23055
New Buffalo, Michigan 49047
Responsible for dealing table games accurately and in a professional, proficient manner according to policies and procedures and in compliance with gaming regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Protects and controls specific game assigned.
• Conducts the games in accordance with policies and procedures, handling player transactions and notifying Pit Supervisor of any irregularities.
• Advises Pit Supervisor or Floor Person of any player disputes or arguments that may arise during the game.
• Informs Pit Supervisor or other games personnel of any important or relevant facts regarding specific players and their action.
• Maintains a professional, friendly and courteous atmosphere providing the guest with a good gaming experience, and notifying floor person supervisor of any guest needs; i.e., cocktails, host service, etc.
• Understands and promotes departmental and property-wide promotions.
• Maintains current knowledge of local jurisdiction gaming laws (federal, state, compact, etc.) and attendant regulations, as well as internal controls, policies and procedures.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Promotes the following within the department and among all employees:
• Creates an atmosphere of fun for all casino guests.
• Encourages mutual respect, dignity and integrity with all employees, by setting positive examples at all times.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma preferred or equivalent experience. Proven dealer knowledge and experience on multiple games will be required. Basic knowledge of all current house procedures required.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as policy and procedure manuals, maintenance instructions, and other related documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries from other employees or guests.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense reasoning to variety of situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. A casino environment is typically smoky.
When you email us please include in the subject line of your email the Job Title and ID #.
NO ATTACHMENTS PLEASE!